Homeopathy is the only healing practice we currently have that offers long term sustainability. There are healing practices like shamanism or energy healing, but as one of the complete medical systems, only homeopathy offers a Green solution to our ever increasing environmental concerns. More and more people want to make changes in their diet, their consumer choices, their personal care and cleaning products, yet it is also possible to make choices that supports and promotes sustainability in health care.
Part of sustainability’s Triple Bottom Line includes addressing the needs of the Planet. The extraction of non-renewable resources should be minimized and extraction of renewable resources should not exceed the rate at which they are renewed. The absorptive capacity of the environment to assimilate wastes should not be exceeded. Homeopathy does not degrade our environment or health.
“Homeopathy is ideally placed to be part of the solution, rather than part of the problem. Homeopathy is one of the greenest medical modalities. It has a very small, sustainable footprint, it doesn’t pollute, it’s not tested on animals and the experience of taking a homeopathic remedy often awakens us, at a profound level, to the inter-connectedness of all living things and helps us to recognize suppression both on an individual scale and on a global scale.” Mary Aspinwall.
1. It takes very little of the original undiluted substance to make a homeopathic remedy. For example, one honey bee can make enough Apis remedy to help thousands of people. It is the transformation of the medicine from the material form (matter) to energetic signal (information) that makes this possible. Using homeopathy therefore has a very small footprint on the environment and on other living creatures.
2. Except in experiments or clinical testing that copy the modern scientific model so they can be published in research journals animal testing is never used in homeopathy. Neither are remedies tested on unhealthy or vulnerable people. (Don't get me started on the huge medical research industry in Quebec that depends on impoverished and sometimes desperate people to be paid 'volunteers' in pharmaceutical clinical trials and tests.) Remedies are 'tested' on healthy people who are willing to participate in the homeopathic proving process and this method is the original source of the double blind study method.
3. Because so little source material is used and the process is one of dilution and dynamization there is no danger of polluting the earth’s water supplies or oceans during the production of homeopathic remedies.
4. The remedies do not contain any toxic material or matter that can be eliminated as waste from the human body. Unlike pharmaceuticals and herbs that can end up in the water supply or the soil, and even in the plants and animals we might later eat, homeopathic remedies do not pollute.
5. The process of homeopathy involves the case taking session and then the research and contemplation done by the homeopath. Rarely do tests or expensive machines improve the remedy selection process and therefore the healing process of the individual. All that is needed is the time to sit with the person and listen, and the highly skilled training of the homeopath. There is little need for expensive facilities, and there is rarely any medical waste needing to be disposed of.
The more we understand that homeopathy offers us a sustainable and green healthcare, the sooner we can shift our choices in that direction. Otherwise it may be by necessity alone that it becomes the medicine of the future.
Like me on Facebook for updates and more info.